Cuddington (St. Nicholas)
CUDDINGTON (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union and hundred of Aylesbury, county of Buckingham, 5¼ miles (W. S. W.) from Aylesbury; containing 626 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the river Teme, by which it is bounded on the north-west; and according to computation comprises 1240 acres, whereof the greater portion is arable, and the remainder excellent pasture-land. Stone of good quality for building is extensively quarried. The living is annexed to the vicarage of Haddenham: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £275, and the vicarial for £180; the impropriate glebe consists of nearly 18 acres, and the vicarial of 14 acres. There is a place of worship for Particular Baptists.