Cubbington (St. Mary)
CUBBINGTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Warwick, Kenilworth division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of the county of Warwick, 5 miles (N. E. by E.) from Warwick; containing 830 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south, and partly on the east, by the river Leame, is intersected by the road from Warwick to Rugby, and comprises 1858 acres of rich and productive land. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 6. 8.; net income, £207; patron and impropriator, Lord Leigh. The church has been enlarged. A national school was established in 1821; and a bequest by John Glover, in 1762, of £250 for educating children, and one by Hannah Murcott, in 1775, of £100 for the establishment of a school, are applied towards its support.