Croxton (All Saints)
CROXTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Grimshoe, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (N.) from Thetford; containing 330 inhabitants. There is an extensive rabbit-warren. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 13. 4.; net income, £98; patrons and impropriators, the Master and Fellows of Christ's College, Cambridge. The tithes were commuted for land in 1813; the glebe consists of 32 acres. The church is in the decorated style; the lower part of the tower is circular, and the upper part octagonal: the south aisle was removed more than half a century since. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.