Crownthorpe (St. James)
CROWNTHORPE (St. James), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (N. W. by W.) from Wymondham; containing 111 inhabitants. It comprises 685 acres, of which 462 are arable, 154 pasture, and 68 wood; the common land was inclosed in 1777. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £4. 12. 6., and in the gift of Lord Wodehouse: the tithes have been commuted for £145, and the glebe contains 16 acres.