Crookham, or Crecum
CROOKHAM, or Crecum, a township, in the parish of Ford, union, and W. division of the ward, of Glendale, N. division of Northumberland, 4½ miles (E. by S.) from Coldstream. It is on the road from Wooler to Coldstream, and comprises about 1800 acres, mostly arable land, and the soil of which is extremely fertile. Pallinburn House is a handsome mansion, commanding very extensive views. The village consists principally of one street. A chapel was built in 1841, at a cost of about £400, on a site given by Sir Henry Askew, Knt.; and there is a place of worship for Presbyterians.