Critchill, More (All Saints)
CRITCHILL, MORE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Wimborne and Cranborne, hundred of Badbury, Wimborne division of Dorset, 6 miles (N. by W.) from Wimborne; containing, with the hamlet of Manswood, 316 inhabitants, and comprising by admeasurement 1649 acres. The living is a rectory, with that of Long Critchill united, valued in the king's books at £10. 9. 7.; net income, £371; patron, Henry Sturt, Esq. The church is a small ancient structure, having an embattled tower, with a porch of modern erection, and has been lately beautified with a western window in the later English style, and otherwise much improved at the expense of the patron: it had a chantry, well endowed with land by John de Bridport, in the 2nd of Edward III., for a chaplain to pray daily for his soul. Traces of the Roman road from Badbury-Rings to Old Sarum may be seen in the parish.