Cretingham (St. Andrew)
CRETINGHAM (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Plomesgate, hundred of Looes, E. division of Suffolk, 8 miles (N. N. W.) from Woodbridge; containing 411 inhabitants, and comprising by admeasurement 1600 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £9. 10. 10., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £142; impropriator, T. Chenery, Esq.: there is a glebe-house, with about 23 acres of land. The church contains portions in the early and later English styles, and has in the chancel some memorials of the Cornwallis family. Here was formerly a chapel, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene.