CRESWELL, a hamlet, in the parish of Draycotin-the-Moors, union of Cheadle, S. division of the hundred of Totmonslow, N. division of the county of Stafford, 8 miles (N. E.) from Stone, and on the road from Sandon to Draycot. The hamlet lies about half a mile south of Draycot village, and the river Blyth flows through. Here is a copious spring. The Roman Catholic chapel of Creswell was enlarged in 1816, at a cost of £1200, with a house for the priest, by the late Dowager Lady Stourton. Sir Edward Vavasour, Bart., the proprietor of the soil, supports a school. A Roman Catholic establishment has existed at this place ever since the period of the Reformation.