Cressingham, Little (St. Andrew)
CRESSINGHAM, LITTLE (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (W.) from Watton; containing 244 inhabitants. It is situated on the declivities of a rich valley, and comprises by computation 1810 acres, of which 1350 are arable, 200 pasture, and about 230 woodland. Clermont Lodge, a neat mansion, stands on an eminence encompassed by a beautiful park. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 12. 6.; net income, £284; patrons, the family of Baker: the glebe contains 27 acres. The church was formerly a handsome structure, in the early and decorated English styles, with a lofty tower; of which only the chancel and part of the nave are remaining: on the south side of the chancel is a piscina of elegant design, and there are several monuments to the Clermont family, who were lords of the manor.