Crawford, Tarrant (St. Mary)
CRAWFORD, TARRANT (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Blandford, hundred of Badbury, Wimborne division of Dorset, 4 miles (S. E. by E.) from Blandford; containing, with the tything of Preston, 67 inhabitants, and comprising about 1000 acres. The living is a donative; net income, £50; patron and impropriator, J. S. W. S. E. Drax, Esq. Richard Poor, successively Bishop of Chichester, Salisbury, and Durham, founded an abbey of Cistercian nuns, in honour of the blessed Virgin and All Saints, about 1230; at the Dissolution its revenue was estimated at £239. 11. 10.