Cranham (All Saints)
CRANHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Romford, hundred of Chafford, S. division of Essex, 4 miles (S. E. by E.) from Romford; containing 280 inhabitants. This parish, which was formerly known by the names of Bishop's-Ockingdon and Cravenham, comprises 1875a. 22p., whereof upwards of 1000 acres are arable, 647 meadow and pasture, and 91 woodland. The surface rises towards the north; the soil is stiff and clayey in some parts, and in others of lighter quality. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 13. 4., and in the patronage of St. John's College, Oxford: the tithes have been commuted for £560, and the glebe comprises 36 acres, with a glebe-house. The church is an ancient edifice, containing some monuments.