Cranford (St. Andrew)
CRANFORD (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Kettering, hundred of Huxloe, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4¼ miles (E. by S.) from Kettering; containing 257 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south by Cranford St. John, and consists of 1089 acres. Lace-making is carried on by the females. Good limestone abounds. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 9. 7.; net income, £150; patron and incumbent, Sir G. Robinson, Bart. This benefice was consolidated with that of Cranford St. John, by an order in council, of the 21st of Aug. 1841. The tithes have been commuted for land, under an inclosure act, and the glebe contains about 100 acres, with a glebehouse. The church has been repaired and beautified at the expense of the rector.