Cowley (St. Mary)
COWLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Cheltenham, hundred of Rapsgate, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 5 miles (S. by E.) from Cheltenham; containing 317 inhabitants. It comprises 1835 acres, of which about 200 are pasture, 100 woodland, 39 common or waste, and the rest arable. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 1. 10½., and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £300, and the glebe consists of 73 acres, with a glebe-house.