COVEN, a liberty, in the parish of Brewood, union of Penkridge, E. division of the hundred of Cuttlestone, S. division of the county of Stafford, 2 miles (E. S. E.) from Brewood; containing 650 inhabitants. It lies on the road from Wolverhampton to Penkridge, and has a considerable village. The Staffordshire and Worcestershire canal, and the Liverpool and Birmingham railway, pass through the liberty. A chapel of ease was built in 1839 by Edward Monckton, Esq., of Somerford Hall, and fitted up by the inhabitants. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; also a national school, attached to the chapel.