Cove, South (St. Lawrence)
COVE, SOUTH (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union and hundred of Blything, E. division of Suffolk, 3 miles (N.) from Southwold; containing 194 inhabitants, and comprising 1172 acres. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 2. 11., and in the gift of Sir Thomas S. Gooch, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £267. 10.; there is a glebe-house, and the glebe comprises 13 acres. The church, an ancient edifice, has some remains of Norman architecture.