Cove, North (St. Botolph)
COVE, NORTH (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union and hundred of Wangford, E. division of Suffolk, 3 miles (E. by S.) from Beccles; containing 219 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the road from Beccles to Lowestoft, and comprises by computation 2000 acres: the navigable river Waveney separates it, on the north, from the county of Norfolk. The Hall, and about 290 acres of land, were sold in 1845 to the Rev. Thomas Farr for £40,050. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Willingham annexed, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £353: there are about 5 roods of glebe. The church is in the later English style, and has an embattled tower, and a rich Norman doorway on the south; the font is curiously sculptured. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.