COUNTESS-THORP, a chapelry, in the parish and union of Blaby, hundred of Guthlaxton, S. division of the county of Leicester; containing 815 inhabitants. It comprises 1200 acres of land, the soil of which is chiefly a strong clay. The manufacture of stockings is carried on. Here is a station of the railway between Rugby and Derby, situated 5½ miles south from the Leicester station. The chapel, dedicated to St. Andrew, was rebuilt in 1841, when 212 sittings were gained.