Cotton (St. Andrew)
COTTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Hartismere, W. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (N. N. E.) from Stow-Market; containing 545 inhabitants. It comprises 1921 acres, of which 58 are common or waste; the surface is in general flat, and the soil heavy. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £15. 10. 2½.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Peter Eade: the tithes have been commuted for £480, and the glebe consists of 18½ acres, with a glebe-house, much improved by the present incumbent. The church is a handsome structure in the decorated style, with an embattled tower, and a fine south porch; the nave is lighted by clerestory windows. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.