Cotheridge (St. Leonard)
COTHERIDGE (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Martley, Upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, Worcester and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 3¾ miles (W.) from Worcester, on the road to Bromyard; containing 228 inhabitants. This place, which was connected with the priory of Westwood, is bounded on the south by the river Team, and consists of 2129a. 2r. 11p.; wheat, beans, and some hops, are the principal produce. The small scattered village lies on the margin of the river. The Rev. John Rowland Berkeley is the owner of the whole parish, about ten acres excepted. The living is a perpetual curacy, valued in the king's books at £5. 16. 8.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. J. R. Berkeley. Sir Rowland Berkeley, in 1694, gave a rent-charge of £6 for apprenticing children.