Cotham (St. Michael)
COTHAM (St. Michael), a parish, in the union, and S. division of the wapentake, of Newark, S. division of the county of Nottingham, 4 miles (S.) from Newark; containing 87 inhabitants. It comprises 1210 acres of land, and has a small village on the east bank of the Devon. The knightly families of Leek and Markham had long their seat here. The living is a donative, valued in the king's books at £7. 18.; net income, £35; patron, the Duke of Portland. The church was partly rebuilt in 1831, when a porch was added.