Corpusty (St. Peter)
CORPUSTY (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Aylsham; containing 449 inhabitants. The parish is on the road from Norwich to Holt, and comprises 1018 acres, whereof 49 are common or waste: the village is situated on the south side of a branch of the river Bure, on which is a flour-mill. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £4. 12. 8½.; net income, £62; patron, the Bishop of Norwich; impropriator, J. R. Ives, Esq., whose tithes have been commuted for £256. The church, which stands on an eminence commanding very fine views, is chiefly in the decorated style, and consists of a nave and chancel, with a square embattled tower; the nave is separated from the chancel by the remains of a carved screen, and there is a handsome sculptured font. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have each a place of worship.