CORNSAY, a township, in the parish and union of Lanchester, N. W. division of Darlington ward, S. division of the county of Durham, 6¼ miles (N. E.) from Wolsingham; containing 201 inhabitants, and comprising 2141 acres, of which 200 are common or waste. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £119. 10. In 1811, Wm. Russell, Esq., of Brancepeth Castle, gave an endowment of £20 per annum for a schoolmaster, and built and endowed almshouses for six men and six widows.