CORLEY, a parish, in the union of Meriden, Atherstone division of the hundred of Hemlingford, N. division of the county of Warwick, 4 miles (N. N. W.) from Coventry; containing 288 inhabitants. This place, called in the Norman survey Cornelie, is supposed by Dugdale to have derived its name from the British "Coryn," signifying the top of anything, in reference to its situation on one of the highest elevations in England. The parish comprises 1373 acres, of which 53 are common or waste; the surface is hilly, and the soil, though somewhat sandy, is in general good and productive. Corley is intersected from south-east to northwest by the road between Coventry and Tamworth. The living is a vicarage, endowed with the rectorial tithes; net income, £400; patron, A. F. Gregory, Esq.