COPSTON MAGNA, a chapelry, in the parish of Monks-Kirby, union of Lutterworth, Kirby division of the hundred of Knightlow, N. division of the county of Warwick, about 5 miles (S. S. E.) from Hinckley; containing 113 inhabitants. This place, called Great Copston, to distinguish it from Copston Fields, or Copston Parva, a hamlet in the parish of Wolvey, owes its name to one Copst, who possessed it in the time of the Saxons. It comprises 1080 acres, whereof two-thirds are arable, and the remainder meadow and pasture. The chief proprietor is the Earl of Denbigh. The chapel is part of a larger edifice.