COOMBS, a parish, in the union and hundred of Steyning, rape of Bramber, W. division of Sussex, 2 miles (S. E. by S.) from Steyning; containing 80 inhabitants. It is bounded on the east by the navigable river Adur, and comprises about 1400 acres of arable and pasture land in nearly equal portions. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 0. 2½., and in the gift of Colonel Wyndham: the tithes have been commuted for £192, and the glebe contains 16¾ acres. The church is in the early English style. On the Downs are traces of tumuli.