CONONLEY, a township, in the parish of Kildwick, union of Skipton, E. division of the wapentake of Staincliffe and Ewcross, W. riding of York, 3 miles (S.) from Skipton; containing 1159 inhabitants. The township formerly constituted a joint township with Farnhill, from which it was separated in 1838; it comprises by computation 1500 acres. The village is pleasantly situated on the western acclivity of Airedale, and the surrounding scenery is pleasingly diversified. A lead-mine was opened in 1840. Tithe rentcharges have been awarded amounting to £62. 3., of which £33. 14. 6. are payable to the Dean and Chapter of Christ-Church, Oxford, and £28. 8. 6. to the vicar of the parish.