Condicote (St. Nicholas)
CONDICOTE (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Stow-on-the-Wold, partly in the Upper division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, and partly in the Upper division of the hundred of Slaughter, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 3½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Stow; containing 165 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1237 acres: there are quarries of flagstone of good quality. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 1. 0½.; net income, £158; patrons, the Rev. W. Bishop, and others: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1777. The church is a very ancient structure.