COMBROOK, a chapelry, in the parish of Kington, union of Stratford-upon-Avon, Kington division of the hundred of Kington, S. division of the county of Warwick, 2¼ miles (W. by N.) from Kington; containing 282 inhabitants, and comprising 1137 acres. The tithes were commuted for land in 1772. The chapel, dedicated to St. Margaret, has been rebuilt. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans; and a school, endowed by a late Lord Willoughby with £5 per annum, is further supported by Lord Willoughby de Broke. In 1763, Lady Tryphena Verney, agreeably to a bequest of £300 by her husband, George Verney, Esq., conveyed an estate for the maintenance of two scholars at Trinity College, Cambridge, to be chosen from this school, or, in default, out of the grammar school at Warwick.