Comberton, Little (St. Peter)
COMBERTON, LITTLE (St. Peter), a parish, in the union, and Upper division of the hundred, of Pershore, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 2 miles (S. E. by S.) from Pershore; containing 229 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 758 acres, of a fertile soil, producing wheat and other grain: there is abundance of gravel, which is dug for the roads, and in the beds are found numerous fossil shells and other remains. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 0. 2½.; net income, £258; patron and incumbent, the Rev. William Parker. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1803. The church stands on the north side of the village; it is an ancient structure, lately repaired.