Comberton, Great (St. Michael)
COMBERTON, GREAT (St. Michael), a parish, in the union, and Upper division of the hundred, of Pershore, Pershore and E. divisions of the county of Worcester, 2¾ miles (S. by E.) from Pershore; containing 215 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the river Avon, comprises about 940 acres; onethird is pasture, and the produce of the remainder beans, barley, and apples. There are quarries of oolite, in which are imbedded various fossils, and which is used for common purposes; a blue clay is also found. The village is seated on the north side of Bredon hill, and overlooks a beautiful and extensive landscape. A quay has been constructed. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £10; net income, £254; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Charles Hubert Parker. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1818. The church is an ancient structure, apparently built at different periods; it was repaired in 1836.