Comberton (St. Mary)
COMBERTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Chesterton, hundred of Wetherley, county of Cambridge, 5¾ miles (W. S. W.) from Cambridge; containing 520 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1925 acres, of which 197 are or were common and waste. An act for inclosing lands was passed in 1839. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 18. 11½., and in the patronage of Jesus College, Cambridge: the appropriate tithes, belonging to the Bishop of Ely, have been commuted for £328. 15., and the vicarial for £104; the appropriate glebe consists of 186 acres, and the vicarial contains nearly 6 acres.