Combe, Long (St. Lawrence)
COMBE, LONG (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Woodstock, hundred of Wootton, county of Oxford, 5 miles (W. by S.) from Woodstock; containing 605 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the patronage of Lincoln College, Oxford, the impropriators; net income, £90. The church is in the early English style, with a square embattled tower having angular pinnacles surmounted by vanes; it contains some interesting details, and near the stone steps leading to the rood-loft is a stone pulpit, finely sculptured. It anciently occupied a very low situation, but was rebuilt on its present site in 1395.