COMBE-HAY, a parish, in the union of Bath, hundred of Wellow, E. division of Somerset, 3½ miles (S. by W.) from Bath; containing 239 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 1080 acres. The surface in some parts is hilly, and the soil in these is a light stone brash, but in the valleys fertile; the district abounds with fine timber. Stone of inferior quality is quarried for building cottages, and for the roads; and fullers'-earth is found in abundance. A small brook flows through the parish into the Avon, and the Somersetshire coal-canal also intersects it. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 12. 3½., and in the gift of the Hon. H. Hanbury Tracey: the tithes have been commuted for £240, and the glebe comprises 38 acres. The church is a neat edifice. There is a place of worship alternately used by Baptists and Independents. The Roman Fosse-way passes near; the ditch on each side is here very perfect.