Coln St. Aldwin's (St. John the Baptist)
COLN ST. ALDWIN'S (St. John the Baptist), a parish, in the union of Northleach, hundred of Brightwells-Barrow, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 3 miles (N.) from Fairford; containing 428 inhabitants. It is pleasantly situated on an eminence, rising gently from the river Coln, and comprises by computation 2000 acres. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8. 19. 4½.; net income, £90; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The tithes were commuted for land in 1769. The church is an ancient structure, partly in the Norman and partly in the early English style.