Colly-Weston (St. Andrew)
COLLY-WESTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Stamford, hundred of Willybrook, N. division of the county of Northampton, 3½ miles (S. W. by S.) from Stamford; containing 434 inhabitants. This place is situated on a very high hill, rising from the river Welland, and is intersected by the Stamford and Kettering road; it consists of 1321a. 2r. 16p. There are extensive quarries, the material of which becomes excellent slate when exposed to the frost, and supplies the neighbourhood for many miles around. An act for inclosing lands was passed in 1841. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 9. 7., and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £302. 10., and the glebe contains 50 acres, with a glebe-house.