Collingtree (St. Columbus)
COLLINGTREE (St. Columbus), a parish, in the union of Hardingstone, hundred of Wymmersley, S. division of the county of Northampton, 3½ miles (S.) from Northampton; containing 232 inhabitants. The parish comprises by admeasurement 646 acres, of level surface: the soil is various, part being a strong clay; near the village, rich grazing-land; and in other parts sandy. The village is within two miles of the Blisworth station on the London and Birmingham railway; and the road from Northampton to Stony-Stratford intersects the parish. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £16. 10. 5.; net income, £331; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Benjamin Hill. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1779; the glebe contains about 238 acres, and a glebe-house. Besides the church, there is a place of worship for Wesleyans.