Colkirk (St. Mary)
COLKIRK (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Mitford and Launditch, hundred of Launditch, W. division of Norfolk, 2½ miles (S.) from Fakenham; containing about 460 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1487a. 21p., of which 955 acres are arable, 392 meadow and pasture, and 140 woodland; the surface is elevated, and the scenery interesting. The living is a discharged rectory, with that of Stibbard annexed, valued in the king's books at £10, and in the patronage of the Townshend family: the tithes have been commuted for £456. 16. 9., and the glebe comprises 46 acres, with a glebe-house. The church is in the later English style, with a square embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. The poor have £25 per annum from a house bequeathed by Samuel Collison and another, in 1767; also 7 acres of land, let for £7 per annum.