Cockthorpe (All Saints)
COCKTHORPE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of North Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 5 miles (E. S. E.) from Wells; containing 42 inhabitants. It comprises 514a. 31p., nearly all arable. The living is a rectory, with that of Blakeney, the vicarage of Little Langham, and the perpetual curacy of Glandford, united, valued in the king's books at £5, and in the patronage of Lord Calthorpe: the tithes of the parish have been commuted for £143. 11. 1., and the glebe consists of 26 acres. The church, which is chiefly in the early style, was repewed in 1839, and contains a handsome sculptured font. At this place, now comprising only three or four houses, Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovel, Sir John Narborough, and Sir Christopher Mynnes, were born.