Cockley-Cley (All Saints)
COCKLEY-CLEY (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of South Greenhoe, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (S. W. by S.) from Swaffham; containing 244 inhabitants. It comprises 4413a. 1r. 10p., of which 2648 acres are arable, 1631 meadow and pasture, and 134 woodland. The living is a discharged rectory, with the vicarage of St. Peter consolidated, valued in the king's books at £8. 17. 1., and in the patronage of J. R. Buckworth, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £180, and the glebe comprises 107 acres. The church is in the decorated English style, with a circular tower. There was formerly a church dedicated to St. Peter, which has been demolished; and a chapel, dedicated to St. Mary, has been converted into the parsonage-house.