COAL-PIT-HEATH, an ecclesiastical parish, partly in the parish of Frampton-Cotterell, hundred of Langley and Swinehead, and partly in the parish of Westerleigh, hundred of Puckle-Church, union of Chipping-Sodbury, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 1½ mile (S. by E.) from Frampton-Cotterell; containing about 2300 inhabitants. It lies on the banks of the river Frome, and on the Bristol and Birmingham railway; and the road from Bristol to Sodbury passes through its centre. There are seven coal-pits, in the possession of the lords of the manor, who derive a large revenue from the estate. The parish was constituted in 1845, under the act 6th and 7th of Victoria, cap. 37; and on the 9th October, in that year, the church, called St. Saviour's, was consecrated. It is in the early decorated style, and consists of a nave, chancel, north and south aisles, and tower; the chancel is paved with encaustic tiles, many of the windows are of painted glass, and there is a fine organ: the cost of the edifice exceeded £3000. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol; net income, £150.