Clodock (St. Cleodocus)
CLODOCK (St. Cleodocus), a parish, in the hundred of Ewyaslacy, county of Hereford, 10 miles (N. N. E.) from Abergavenny; containing, with the chapelries of Crasswall, Llanveynoe, and Longtown, and the township of Newton, 1762 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1800 acres, about three-fourths of which are pasture and meadow land, and 200 acres woodland. The surface is very irregular, rising into numerous hills of various elevation, and a considerable portion of it extends along the side of the Black Mountain, or Hatterel hills; the soil is generally light. The rivers Olchon and Munnow have their source within the parish, which is also traversed by the Eskley, a stream that abounds with trout of excellent quality, and is much frequented by anglers. Fairs are held on the 29th of April, 22nd of June, and 21st of September. The living is a vicarage, not in charge; net income, £149; patron, W. Wilkins, Esq.; impropriator, Sir V. G. Cornewall, Bart. There are chapels of ease at Longtown, Llanveynoe, and Crasswall, in the patronage of the vicar; and a fourth chapel has been lately built.