CLIVE, a chapelry, in the parish of St. Mary, liberties of the town of Shrewsbury, union of Wem, N. division of Salop, 3½ miles (S.) from Wem; containing 273 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with a net income of £66, and in the gift of the Bishop of Lichfield (ex officio visiter of Shrewsbury grammar school), the Earl of Powis, J. A. Lloyd, Esq., Sir A. V. Corbet, Bart., and R. A. Slaney, Esq. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints. William Wycherley, the poet, was born here in 1640.