CLINT, a township, in the parish of Ripley, Lower division of the wapentake of Claro, W. riding of York, 1¼ mile (W. by S.) from Ripley; containing 393 inhabitants. The township includes the hamlet of Burnt-Yates, and comprises 1835a. 1r. 25p.: the village is a short distance from the river Nidd, which passes on the south. Here are the remains of an ancient mansion, called Clint Hall. The Roman road from Ilkley, through the forest of Knaresborough, branched in two directions at this place, one leading to Catterick, the other to Aldborough. A free school was founded by Rear-Admiral Robert Long in 1760, which received at the same time, and subsequently, several endowments, the total now producing upwards of £200 a year.