Cliff, with Lund
CLIFF, with Lund, a chapelry, in the parish of Hemingbrough, union of Selby, wapentake of Ouse and Derwent, E. riding of York, 3½ miles (E.) from Selby; containing 540 inhabitants. The township comprises 2618 acres, of which 543 are open, but fertile, common. The village is of some length, and usually called Long Cliffe. One of the stations on the Hull and Selby railway, which passes close to the village, is situated here. An act for inclosing lands was passed in 1843. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. In 1708, Mary Ward bequeathed £220 for a school, towards the further support of which Mr. Whittall gave £100.