CLEER, ST., a parish, in the union of Liskeard, hundred of West, E. division of Cornwall, 2½ miles (N. by W.) from Liskeard; containing 1412 inhabitants. It comprises 7370 acres, of which 2673 are uninclosed common and coppice, with some oak woods; the soil in general is light, with the exception of some boggy peat soil: there is a great quantity of granite, locally termed moor-stone, and of porphyry; and a copper-mine has been opened. The river Fowey runs through the parish, and several rivulets empty themselves near Looe. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £19. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Crown; impropriator, E. P. Bastard, Esq.: the great tithes have been commuted for £330, and the vicarial for £330; the impropriate glebe contains 2 acres. The church is a handsome and spacious structure, in the early English style. There are a few chalybeate springs; also an ancient Druidical monument, called the Hurlers, consisting of rude upright stones arranged in three circles, their centres in a right line, and the middle circle the largest.