CLAWTON, a parish, in the union of Holsworthy, hundred of Black Torrington, Holsworthy and N. divisions of Devon, 3½ miles (S.) from Holsworthy; containing 639 inhabitants. The parish comprises 3537 acres, of which 1130 are common or waste. The living is a discharged perpetual curacy; net income, £75; patron and incumbent, the Rev. T. Melhuish. There is good freestone for building in the neighbourhood.