Clapton (St. Peter)
CLAPTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Thrapston, hundred of Navisford, N. division of the county of Northampton, 5¼ miles (E. N. E.) from Thrapston; containing 119 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the borders of the county of Huntingdon, consists of 1850 acres, and is intersected by the road between Oundle and Huntingdon. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £17. 3. 9., and in the gift of the Shedden family: the tithes have been commuted for a yearly rent-charge of £295. 16., and there are 46 acres of glebe.