CLANDON, WEST, a parish, in the union of Guildford, Second division of the hundred of Woking, W. division of Surrey, 3 miles (N. E. by E.) from Guildford; containing 407 inhabitants. It comprises 987 acres, of which 384 are arable, 338 meadow and pasture, 80 woodland, and 117 common. Clandon House, the principal seat of the Earl of Onslow, was erected about 1730, and is one of the finest mansions in the county; it is of red brick with stone dressings, and the apartments are in general stately and commodious. His lordship resides, however, at a smaller seat in the adjacent village of West Clandon. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 10., and in the patronage of the Earl of Onslow: the tithes have been commuted for £160, and the glebe contains 20 acres, with a glebe-house. The church is in the early English style, with a low tower on the north side.