Churchill (St. Michael)
CHURCHILL (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Pershore, Lower division of the hundred of Oswaldslow, Worcester and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 5½ miles (E. by S.) from Worcester; containing 115 inhabitants. The parish is intersected from west to east by the road from Worcester to Alcester, and bounded on the west by a stream which falls into the Avon. It consists of 660 acres, whereof two-thirds are arable, and the remainder pasture, and is well wooded: much of the land was inclosed about 1776. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8.; net income, £167; patron, Robert Berkeley, Esq. The church is situated on an eminence on the side of the road. There is a mineral spring.