Churchill (All Saints)
CHURCHILL (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Chipping-Norton, hundred of Chadlington, county of Oxford, 3 miles (S. W. by W.) from Chipping-Norton; containing 651 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 16. 0½.; net income, £177; patron and impropriator, J. H. Langston, Esq. The tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in 1787. The church, having become dilapidated and dangerous, was rebuilt on a more elevated site, commanding some extensive views: the chancel of the old church still remains.